Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

5.14.2008

May 6, 2008 If I had a million dirhams…

It’s our last week in our CBT villages, home of my original host family. So to practice our lesson on the conditional tense, our homework consisted of asking family members, “If you had a million dirhams, what would you do?” I got great answers…

Middle Bro – I’d (1) buy a house, (2) buy a car, and (3) travel to America and France.
Little Sis – I’d buy a husband.*
Little Bro – I’d go on hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca) with Mma and Bba.
Mma – I’d feed my children.
Sis-in-Law – I’d travel to America with you [me]. Awwww.

* For the record, she’s 10. When I pointed out that with 1,000,000 DH, she wouldn’t need a husband – she could have her own car, home, life, etc – she just blushed and ducked her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps