Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

1.11.2009

1/11 Something Snowy This Way Comes

For most of November and December, Berberville got snow about once a week, about six to eight inches per storm. In January, though, we're getting snow almost every night, but never more than an inch. That's not enough to evoke the oooh aaaahs, just enough to keep us in a permanent state of muddiness. :(

Also, after the last cold snap (when I had ice sheets in my front hall and my bathroom floor), the temperature has returned back above freezing. Well, it hovers between 32 and 40 indoors, anyway, and above 40 outdoors when the sun is up. But yesterday another cold snap kicked in. It dropped below freezing, and today it's 29. Yeepers. Good thing I get to head down the mountain to SouqTown for my weekly run! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps