Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

2.11.2010

2/11/10 Doonesbury update

In addition to writing here about my appreciation for this week's Doonesbury strips, I sent a short note to the folks at their website. My motives were twofold - one, I wanted to tell them directly how grateful I am for their handling of this topic, and two, it seemed right to let them know that I'd used their copyrighted material. (I'm pretty sure that posting it on a blog with full attribution falls somewhere under "fair use", but it still seemed like the right thing to do.)

To my surprise, I received a personal, gracious response from the webmaster (a couple of them, actually!), plus my note was posted on their comments page. Thanks to that link, several dozen folks have found my blog for the first time. Thanks, Doonesbury, for helping me meet Goal #3! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps