Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

3.21.2008

J-jam3 (Friday)

Happy First Day of Spring! Spring was greeted with a cold rain that made me grateful for all the layers I’d brought to this mountain village. I can do cold, and I can do wet, but I DON’T like doing both at once. Yeah for layers.

Today was pretty normal by village standards. Class, community mapping (we finished the map! Yeah!), walking around town taking pictures. We hiked down to the fields, across the river, upstream a mile, and our gaggle still got us back to class in fifteen minutes flat. Those kids are awesome. Then we met with not one but two imams, which meant that school got out late. Middle Bro actually came to school looking for me, so H** ran out to explain that I was not delinquent or naughty, just meeting with imams. (Name-dropping is apparently an international phenomenon.) I ran around taking pictures of my classmates, came home for dinner, and crawled into bed.

Update from the final day of CBT week 2: the bit l-ma (hashek) is downright mundane. Yeah! Yesterday, Little Bro came to get me at 6pm on the dot, so Mma wouldn’t worry. Today’s discussion ran till nearly 7, and Middle Bro was waiting at the door *and* Little Sis and Little Bro were playing across the street. The fam was out in force to make sure I got home safe. :) I walked home holding Little Sis’s hand, telling A** and B** (fellow PCTs) that my family is the BEST – not in a competitive way, just that I’m crazy about them. Visiting the other households tonight underlined that further. I love these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps