Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

10.28.2008

October 14, 2008 Sitting Cat

Sheba, the feline I’ve been catsitting for almost a week, likes to sit in the most bizarre places. I’ve gotten used to the top-of-a-door perch, but it’s the way she drapes herself *on me* that are crazy. Right now, as I’m leaning against the wall with my laptop on my lap, she’s got her feet bunched up on my ribcage and her head is on my breastbone. When I’m lying down, to read or watch a DVD, she often flops herself across my neck, so her hindquarters are on my collarbone and her head is under my ear. It doesn’t really interfere with my breathing, but it does feel a bit like strangulation. At night, when I’m nestled into my sleeping bag, she nestles in with me; sometimes she curls up around my feet, sometimes behind my knees (if I’m sleeping on my side), and often she likes to have her head poking out the top, which puts her inside the curl of my arms. It’s like sleeping with a warm, breathing teddy bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps