Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

9.24.2008

September 15, 2008 My new sack

I’ve been staying with “Karima”, a Volunteer who lives down south. Today, we visited the weaving cooperative she works with. They had some truly gorgeous rugs, as well as handbags, scarves, and even shoes. I’ve been meaning to get myself a smallish bag to serve as a purse/backpack/whatever sack. I have a small black backpack that I’ve been using, but I’ve been keeping an eye out for something a little less hello-I’m-a-foreigner. Today I found a bag that makes me happy, plus I got to give my money to a women’s group, which always makes me happy. I even know the name of the woman who wove my bag, although she wasn’t there today so I didn’t get to meet her: Khadija IghablinSaf. It was a successful purchase all around. Oh, and I also wove part of a row on the rug of one of the women there, and she knocked 10% off the price. So I’m happy on about six different levels… :)Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps