Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

9.24.2008

September 21, 2008 Equinox

I feel like the equinox should have a 6am sunrise and 6pm sunset, but somehow it doesn’t work that way; the sunset call to prayer (aka the dinner bell!) came ~6:45pm. Although since I live in a valley surrounded by mountains, I don’t actually know when sunrise and sunset are; the sun falls below the mountains long before it would fall below a flat horizon, and vice-versa for sunrise. I suppose this means that the days here are always shorter than they’d be in a flat landscape; I wonder how short they’ll be on the winter solstice. To be sure, I’ll have to wake up for sunrise, which I failed to do this morning, but if it’s enough later, that won’t be hard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps