Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

7.10.2009

July 1, 2009 Vacation Planning

Friends, I’m going to let you benefit from my recent (and past) trips all over Morocco, to help you plan your own visit to my adopted country. I’ll spend the month of July – leading up to everyone’s favorite vacation month, August – writing a travel-related post at least every other day. I’ll tell you about some of my favorite cities, some that are popular with tourists (because no, there’s not much overlap there), some information about getting around the country, etc. I’ll show photos from my own travels and those of friends, to illustrate my stories. (I’ll also borrow a few of their stories and write them in the first person, since I haven’t yet been to all of these cities, just FYI.)


Some of the topics I anticipate covering (in alphabetical order, though I probably won’t write them in this order, and this list is subject to revision/additions/deletions/whatever):


Azrou
Casablanca (Dar el-Beida)
Ceuta/Septa
Chefchaouen
Essaouira
Fes
Ifrane National Park / Birding in Morocco
Imilchil
Laarache and Lixus
Jbel Toubkal
Kela’a Magouna
Marrakesh
Meknes
Midelt
Miscellany: CASH
Miscellany: Tipping in Morocco
Moroccan Cities: The Big Six
Ouarzazate
Rabat
Tangiers
Transportation: Grands Taxis and Tranzits
Transportation: Petits Taxis
Transportation: Trains and Buses
Volubilis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps