Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

7.15.2008

July 10, 2008 Visitors!

Last night and this morning, I got to see my host father in his other role, tour guide. We had a Dutch family come for the evening. They’re a few days into a month-long stay in Morocco, and this morning they set out for a five-day trek around Berberville. Aba was speaking French with them, which I started to do, too, until they told me that English is much easier for them than French is. Lhumdullah! So I had dinner and breakfast with them, sharing our observations and studies of this country we love. (It turns out that the father did his PhD dissertation on Moroccan expatriates in Holland!) After breakfast this morning, they left with my host dad’s partner on their trip. I’ll be gone when they return – off in SouqTown – but I hope they stay in touch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps