Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

4.09.2008

Souq Day!

So much to write about. Bzzaf bzzaf. Going to souq – the scale of the Khan-al-Khalili in Cairo, but 90% produce. Running into the other CBT groups. :D Meeting a fledgling association that tried to bring a hospital to their village, and succeeded in getting an ambulance and first aid training. Not bad at all, especially for a first project! :)

Making phone contact with S**, the SBD PCV. Next week, we’ll meet him, tour the cooperative he works with, eat lunch, and give him the saffron project idea. :) Then hitting the Cybèr for an hour or so, and getting to talk to my sister! And getting an email from the editor of my story! And from Nana and Mom and my auntie!

My awesome friends rocked the internet research, so now I have lots of info on the geologic history of Morocco on my thumb drive, and maybe some books to request from the library guy at Peace Corps headquarters. (More information is always welcome, by the way!) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps