Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

4.27.2008

Welcome to SouqTown

I've changed my mind - EAC is too impersonal name for my nifty souq town. So from here on out, I'll refer to it as SouqTown. Without further ado... The news:

--------
I wish I’d brought a pen that didn’t bleed through the paper; I’m stuck taking notes and journaling on only one side of a page. Otherwise, my life is pretty fantastic right now. :)

SouqTown is mumtez (wonderful). I can see why so many volunteers in the region spend their free weekends here. Not only is the company great – SouqTown PCVs rock the casbah – but the town itself is pretty perfect. It’s big enough to sell everything you’d need, from stoves to mattresses to tupperware to teapots, while still small enough that you can walk the entire city center in 15 minutes. Plus, the gorgeous mountains rising up at you as you walk up the main street…take my breath away. It’s reminiscent of Boulder, with the Flatirons looming on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps